Tuesday, May 12, 2015

TUESDAY QUOTE OF THE WEEK CCCCVII

FINDING TRUTH WHEREVER IT MAY BE FOUND:  "The are reformers who get over this difficulty by assuming that there fathers were fools; but if that be so, we can only say that folly appears to be a hereditary disease.  But the truth is that nobody has any business to destroy a social institution until he has really seen it as an historical institution."  G. K. Chesterton (h/t to Adam)
 
IN OTHER NEWS:
 
Pat sent in THIS interesting article about the top ten ways to drive new parishioners out of your parish.

Is not Sebastian the cutest dog in the whole world (save for yours?)  *sigh* I already miss the snow.


Jeanette sent in THIS article from Ignatius Press about introduction kids to art.
 
From the Diocese of Cleveland Enewsletter is THIS article about a diocesan wide retreat for separated and divorced Catholics. 
 
Here is a five minute video by Bishop Lennon about how it might be easier to become Catholic for some than one might think

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a mom and an artist, I would like to add to the list about introducing kids to art. Keep in mind--your kids are always listening and watching the same things you are. I love Vivaldi's Four Seasons and would plug it in the cassette player in the car whenever we went on long rides (yes--I'm that old). I enjoyed it, but I never realized how much of it was absorbed into my children's brains until the afternoon of my second wedding. We had chosen "Spring" for me to walk down the aisle. I was so nervous that I couldn't tell what music was being played. Suddenly my son said 'Mom, this is "Spring", aren't we supposed to be walking now?" I was shocked--'how did you know that??'. He said 'Mom, you played that like EVERY time we drove anywhere for like a year. Of course I recognize "Spring"! I had no idea I had been teaching them music appreciation while driving them to their activities!